Comfort and convenience once and for all
The LightSheer LED laser from the American company Lumenis is the most advanced hair removal device on the market. It is completely safe for the patient, has a safety certificate and an FDA quality certificate, and is ISO 9001 certified.
Laser treatment is based on the phenomenon of selective photothermolysis – light of the laser is absorbed by a hair follicle containing melanin. It is then converted to heat, which destroys hair elements responsible for its growth, resulting in permanent hair loss and destruction of the follicle. This phenomenon is most effective for hair in the active growth phase (anagen). The remaining growth phases – catagen and retention phase – telogen are “deaf” to the laser.
LED laser depilation should be performed in a series of minimum 4 treatments, repeated at intervals of 4 to 12 weeks, depending on the body part to be treated. Results in the case of patients with lighter and thinner hair are less strong, so 5 to 6 treatments may be required to enhance the effect. Without these extra treatments, laser hair removal will only make the hair thinner.
Contraindications for the procedure:
- Hormonal therapy (photosensitizing hormones)
- Proneness to keloids
- Active skin infections
Preparation for the procedure:
- Skin in the depilated area should not be dry, irritated. Start using emolients a few days before.
- Shave your hair directly prior to the procedure. Leave a small area of hair (it will be shaven in the practice) – this will allow you to assess the quality of hair at each visit.
- Do not pull your hair out (with tweezers, wax, depilator) for 4 weeks before the procedure in the case of face and 6 weeks for other areas. You can shave your hair, trim it or depilate with the right cream although the latter should be discontinued the week before.
- Before each treatment a 4-week break from applying creams or ointments with vitamin A, E, C, retinoids (e.g. Isotrexin, Differin, Zorac, Retin A and others) and fruit acids in the depilated area is necessary. Stop using exfoliants 1 week before the procedure.
- In the case of oral retinoid therapy (e.g. Istotek) a 6-month break is required between the end of therapy and the first procedure.
- Taking photosensitizing medicines and herbs (St. John’s wort, marigold, Figura 1 and 2) must be discontinued 1 week before the procedure.
- Active skin infections such as herpes are contraindications to treatment; the procedure is possible 2 weeks after the end of infection.
- Active tan is a contraindication to treatment; a minimum break in natural or sunbed tanning is 4-6 weeks.
- Sunless tanning is also a contraindication. Depilation is possible once it fades.
After the procedure:
- Temporary swelling or redness of the skin are a natural consequence of the procedure, and disappear after a few hours up to 2-3 days. During this time, you should take care of your skin, do not use antiperspirants, deodorants, do not rub or irritate the skin.
- Natural or sunbed tanning is absolutely contraindicated up to 2 weeks after the procedure. During this period we use photoprotection in areas that have undergone the procedure.
- Subsequent procedures (at least 3) should be performed at intervals of 4 to 12 weeks, depending on the area that was depilated.
Frequently asked questions
When will I see the effects of this procedure?
You will be able to enjoy the effects of laser hair removal after the first treatment.
When will my hair fall out after Lightsheer hair removal procedure?
The first effects are visible as soon as one week after the treatment, the hair will be thinned and its regrowth will be significantly slowed down.
How can I prepare for a diode laser hair removal procedure?
You should shave your hair directly before the treatment. Don’t pull out your hair (with tweezers, wax or epilator) for at least 4 weeks before the treatment. Avoid exfoliating and strongly irritating treatments or preparations.
Active tan is a contraindication, a minimum break from natural tanning or sun bed is four to six weeks.
How long will the effects last after diode hair removal?
If your hair was removed in its active growth (anagen) phase, it will not grow back.
Is Lightsheer hair removal harmful?
When laser light passes through skin tissues, it is stopped by chromophores (hair and skin pigments) and does not penetrate your bloodstream.
Is diode laser hair removal safe?
A properly performed treatment and observance of contraindications will guarantee the safety of this procedure.